Bad body odour is fundamentally a problem of poor digestion and ‘ama’ (improperly digested food). Restoring proper digestion and eating ‘fresh’ wholesome food, is the basic causal treatment.
For those familiar with Ayurveda, excess ‘pitta’ dosha is also often involved, so reducing pitta aggravating things (sour foods, fermented things, excess chilli/tomato etc, impure substances/alcohol etc) can help.
Tips for Helping with Body Odour:
- Use antibacterial soap or deodorant soap while bathing.
- Keep well hydrated / drink plenty of water – flush out toxins etc * Have you noticed the different smell when your urine is bright yellow as opposed to clear???
- Wear natural fibres that allow your body to breathe properly – cotton etc
- Avoid/Reduce refined/processed foods, old, leftover or tinned food, mushrooms, garlic, ‘excess’ strong spices if not used to them (pepper, mustard seeds, turmeric etc).
- Eat healthy food generally and consider a light cleansing diet for 2-3 days (soups, dahls, whole grains, fresh juices/fruit and green leafy veggies etc). * Include a small/moderate amount of turmeric in your diet each day.
- Keep a bottle of rose water spray with you (glove box, hand bag etc) & spray yourself regularly.
Avoid regular use of chemical anti-perspirants.