Alternative Breakfast to ‘Processed’ Cereals
- 1-2 green apples (some varieties cook more easily than others) or pears
- 2-3 cloves
- 2 pinches ginger powder
- Optional – Rapadura sugar (or other unrefined sugar or Stevia), cardamom, cinnamon, licorice (to taste), raisins
Quantities: based on 1 person – increase accordingly.
Peel the apples/pears and cut/dice into small pieces.
In a saucepan
- Put in the apples/pears and add ½ cup water (you may need to add more as you go)
- Put on low heat and cook slowly
- Add cloves, ginger and anything else you like – e.g. raisins, sugar, 3 pinches cardamom
- Put a lid on the saucepan and cook slowly till fork friendly (soft but not mushy)
This is a general guide only – vary to suit
Re; sugar – generally 1/2 a teaspoon or so is okay but depends on individual.