Tip: During Winter, COMPLETELY AVOID 'Cold or even room temperature' drinks - Drink Warm & Preferably Warm-Hot (Boiled) Fluids.
Do you know why we get a 'fever' when we're sick? The increased body temperature helps fight off the nasties. We all know we are more likely to "catch a 'cold'", when we subject ourselves to the cold. Yes, they are viruses, but it's the 'coldness' that weakens our immune system, making us less able to deal with the invaders. So why make it harder for ourselves by drinking cold' things...not to mention the disastrous consequences it has for our digestive 'fire'.
Right now, go and get your favourite mug. Boil the kettle and start sipping warm/hot water regularly throughout the day.
Drinking warm/hot fluids (plain water mainly),
- heats your body assisting immune function, circulation and your capacity to tolerate the cold
- avoids the multitude disastrous effects on digestion (which works through the principle of 'HEAT) that 'cold fluids' cause
- helps soften impurities/toxins & the results of previously badly digested food
- aids the elimination of these impurities, helping internal cleansing, weight loss and even things like constipation & arthritis
- notice how most people's arthritis gets worse in winter...when the impurities 'settle in' to the joints
Cold water (especially ice-cold water), unless you are overheating/it's the middle of summer or you live in a very hot climate, is absolutely disastrous for your health & wellness. According to the timeless knowledge of Maharishi Ayurveda, it totally destroys your digestive fire, making even the healthiest food be poorly digested (processed). It's terrible for your immune system, digestion, joints and all-round wellbeing.
So that's it - change from drinking cold fluids/drinks to warm ones and watch & feel your wellbeing get better and better. How easy, simple & cost-effective is that?
The only difficult part is enduring the weird looks your waiter will give you when you request hot water at restaurants instead of the 'health- destroying' iced-water they bring you as a matter of course. Unless of course you go to an Asian restaurant, where you'll notice they bring you small cups of hot water or green/lemon tea etc!! Interesting huh?
Anyway, don't worry, you'll quickly get used to being a little weird - and being a weirdo often means it's much better for your health!