When you can give yourself a minimum of 30 minutes, but preferably a 45 minute break from work, observe each of the following;
1. Separate out 1/2 of the amount of food you would normally eat. Put the other 1/2 out of easy reach.
2. Make sure you are ‘sitting down’.
3. Sit quietly for 1-2 minutes before starting to eat (say a prayer or give thanks for your food).
4. Eat ‘slowly’. Take a mouthful and put your knife/fork/spoon etc down in between bites.
5. Chew completely and don’t take your next bite until the previous one has been in your stomach for 10-20 seconds.
*It’s well known that the slower you eat, the less you eat…especially if you are part of a large family- hehehe!!!
6. Don’t drink during your meal. Sip plain warm water if thirsty.
7. After you’ve finished what’s in front of you, sit for 2-3 minutes.
8. If you are still hungry, take 1/2 of the remaining food, and eat that in the same way.
9. Again sit for 2-3 minutes. If still hungry (stomach hungry not ‘eyes/mouth’ hungry!) eat the remaining food. * It is unlikely you’ll still be hungry at this stage if you eat in this way.
10. Sit for 5 minutes after you’ve finished eating, before getting up.
i) If eating with others – only talk once you’ve swallowed your food, and only talk about ‘light/general’ topics (no business or ‘heavy/depressing’ topics.
ii) I assume ‘No Television’ during this little experiment is a given!!!!!!
*** Monitor how you feel straight after your meal and for the rest of the day/night.
You should feel much lighter, clearer and happier. If so, use this as motivation to eat all your meals…properly.
Remember, your body is your most precious resource. Treat it like the divine temple it is, and it will treat you to a long life of good energy, clear thinking, health & happiness.