3 Minute Rejuvenators – Quick tips for reducing stress and restoring your balance
1. Have a screensaver displaying beautiful, ‘natural’ scenery such as waterfalls, sunrises, lakes, mountain ranges etc (Viewing natural scenery is known to reduce stress and balance mind and body).
2. Simply walk outside for a minute or two and breathe in some fresh air, get some natural light [sunlight] through your eyes, and if practical, take your shoes (and socks) off and ‘earth’ yourself. (Earthing is being shown to be one of the greatest, natural rejuvenators and directly balances many of our most common health ailments).
7 Tips for a Healthier, Happier Workplace
1. Brighten Things Up – Make a ‘Cheerier’ Workplace
In the pursuit of looking sleek, modern & professional, many workplaces can tend towards darker interiors, cold furnishings and a generally ‘smart’ yet not so healthy work environments.
Too much heavy/dark colours etc can tend to dull the mind and even contribute to lack of vitality and even depression.
With people spending 8 hours plus ‘in the office’, one of the most profound ways to increase morale, positivity and general health is to brighten up your workplace environment.
Good & bad cholesterol, HDL, LDL’s – we love to make it complicated don’t we? It doesn’t have to be. Some important facts to begin.
1. Cholesterol is GOOD for you! Your body needs cholesterol to build cell membranes, vitamin D, hormones (e.g steroids), & bile acids.
2. Cholesterol levels that are ‘too low’ (i.e from medications) can be just as harmful as high cholesterol.
* Also, pharmaceutical drugs to treat cholesterol can compromise/harm the liver, which is the organ that is naturally (and ‘intelligently’) designed to purify the blood of toxins/excess cholesterol etc…so medication is not ideal long-term.
3. Plenty of people with ‘perfect cholesterol’ still have heart attacks.